RIA is the trade association for the UK-based suppliers to the railway industry.
We have been established for over 140 years, with over 290 member companies representing a large proportion of the supply chain. Our network of rail contacts extends to thousands; many within our member companies, but also within government/industry bodies, as well as academia and adjacent/emerging sectors.
The Association’s principal activities are to:
- Represent members’ interests to Government, regulators, Network Rail and others
- Offer a forum for dialogue between members
- Provide information to members
- Promote exports of members’ products and services
Our member companies represent a large proportion of the rail industry by turnover and reflect a great diversity of technical disciplines within the rail sector.
RIA is also a member of the Rail Innovation Family
, a grouping of the UK’s major representative organisations in the rail supply sector, set up in June 2019 with the aim of providing greater and clearer support for suppliers seeking to bring innovation into the rail industry.
RIA is governed by a Board of rail industry leaders from the various sub sectors such as rolling stock, infrastructure, SMEs and consultants.
Articles of Association
RIA has won several awards including:
- Overall Best Association, Under 1000 Members | Association Excellence Awards 2019
- Conference of the Year for RIA's Annual Conference | Trade Association Forum Awards 2019
- Conference of the Year for RIA's Innovation Conference | Trade Association Forum Awards 2018