For more information, please contact email@example.com
• Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR. LCR’s holding was transferred to the Treasury in 2014 and sold by the UK government to a consortium comprising Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec (CDPQ) and Hermes Infrastructure in May 2015.
• In recognition of its commitment to serving sustainable, responsibly sourced food on board, Eurostar holds the highest rating of three stars from the Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA).
• Eurostar have committed to use 100% renewable electricity to power it's trains by 2030.
• The “message to Glasgow” pledge has been signed by Eurostar, NS, ProRail, HS1, Getlink, SNCF, Infrabel, SNCB, CER, EIM and UIC.
About Avanti West Coast
• Avanti West Coast, operator of intercity rail services on the West Coast Main Line, is a joint venture between FirstGroup and Trenitalia, delivering a cleaner, greener railway that drives the West Coast forward.
• We’re on a mission to revolutionise train travel, linking together the towns and major cities of the UK to create an iconic railway the country can be proud of. We’ve got big plans including a fleet of new intercity trains, as well as the complete refurbishment of the existing Pendolino train fleet. We will introduce more train services every week with new routes added, and a much-improved onboard service with enhanced free Wi-Fi, plug sockets, 25,000 brand new seats and improved catering.
• Since December 2019, passengers have benefitted from improved passenger compensation, available for journeys delayed by just 15 minutes.
• On board the Climate Train, first class passengers will experience Avanti West Coast’s menu which includes locally sourced ingredients that support communities on the route and reduce the carbon impact.
• ProRail Going Growing Green - As the Dutch Rail Infrastructure Manager ProRail facilitates the daily transport of 1 million passengers and more than 100,000 tonnes of goods by train over 7,000 kilometres of track. We encourage more passenger and freight transport by rail, as one of the most sustainable forms of mobility. We work in a sustainable way and are constantly looking for innovative improvements.
About Youth For Sustainable Travel
• Rail to the COP is a campaign by Youth for Sustainable Travel (YfST). YfST is a European non-profit aiming to promote sustainable travel and raise awareness about issues in the travel industry. The organization is registered and based in the Netherlands. In 2019 Youth for Sustainable Travel organized their first campaign, Sail to the COP.
• The organizing team of Rail to the COP consists of Sail to the COP participants, the board of YfST and other young climate activists and experts.
About the Wellbeing Walk
• On arrival at London St. Pancras, passengers connected with London Euston using the wellbeing walk, which avoids the high pollution on the busy Euston road, or with a ride from Pedal Me cycle taxi service.